I recently lost use of my U-Verse internet on my computer.I did nothing to make this happen.

My computer was working great, the internet was fine and when I turned it on one morning, I couldn't connect to the internet. I did all the things I was supposed to do: turned the gateway on and off; check to see if my computer was on the correct network, etc. I called AT&T and went through all of that again with a tech support agent. He couldn't fix my problem so he said it must be my fault and said I'd have to go the their "paid" service.

I had no choice so I was connected to their $49 service. The tech guy was very nice ("Brad" from India), and he fixed the problem. He said the McAfee security software caused it. My "windsock 32" file was corrupted by McAfee and it had to be re-loaded and the McAfee re-installed.

Excuse me, but the McAfee COMES WITH THE U-VERSE INTERNET!!!! I didn't ask for it, and I didn't install it.

If McAfee corrupted the file, why do I have to pay the $49????

Anyone else have this problem?

Review about: Att Internet Service.

Had an Experience with ATT?

Comments

dklisiak

File a complaint with the FCC, FTC, CPUC, PUC & The Department of Justice/Attorney General's Office. You can also view my post on this site called "Held Hostage" AT&T Uverse DSL & the clip on You Tube link http://youtu.be/Svi3qeyqFgw

333BEATTY
Fort Pierce, Florida, United States #612637

YES!DSL Techs did same to me in Florida.

I got McAffee thru ATT sent it to my computer. Could not get online. ATT told me i could have ONE FREE TECH SVC CALL! I took the FREE (ha ha ha) service call.

ATT sent inst's to my computer, with them on the phone i did everything the tech told me to. ATT caused the whole crash of my laptop. It cost me $300 to repair. AND they billed me $75.

one time Tech Support and $150. for 10 months for total bill by ATT to ME of $225 for Tech Svc I DIDNT ORDER! IT took over a YEAR to get back $135. so far from ATT.

Am still fighting for the rest of the over billed paid credit..$ 90. ATT CRASHED IT! Where's the USA coast to coast CIVIL SUIT against ATT for BAIT SWITCH, ERROR BILLING and GENERAL CONSUMER FRAUD & THEFT ?

WILL JOIN!

to 333BEATTY #893773

#542020

Thanks for the info, sessa.I will let AT&T know.

What kills me is that I spend a lot of time on their FREE tech support line going thru all of the procedures they go thru to fix stuff, and they didn't even know how to fix it. If it's a McAfee problem and it's well-known, why make me go thru another hour or more for someone else to fix it? It sounds like a scam.

Especially since the guy in India who finally fixed it sounded like he knew a LOT about what was wrong without a lot of investigating.:(

to Media717 #893774

:cry :? :upset :sigh :(

to One of the victims #893775

I'm sorry to tell you that they ripped you off.The McAfee issue is a KNOWN issue (an update caused loss of internet connection) and the Dell site (for example) had a step by step tutorial to fix the problem.

My advice? Uninstall McAfee and dowload Microsoft Security Essentials.

It works great and it's FREE.AT&T has alot of nerve to charge you to do something you could've done yourself if directed to a proper information source.