I signed on with Alltel and was never told AT&T was taking over their contracts.The 'replacement' phone that AT&T offered looked just like the phone I had selected with Alltel, but to my surprise, it was about 1/3 smaller.

It was hard to use because the buttons were soooooo small, and navigation was difficult. When I complained to AT&T, I was told I could 'upgrade' for an additional $40. Then I received even more bad news. AT&T told me I had not made a payment in 2 1/2 months, and service was being suspended.

I went to my bank, and found the debit on my bank statement for at least one of the months, and physically went into a AT&T location so I could speak with someone about the issue, I was told my complaint would have to go through the finance dept. Imagine…..the finance dept was having computer issues that day and could not help me. They asked if I wanted to speak with customer service…whom I had already spoken too several times with no success. I called back later and was told to fax or email the documents from my bank proving I had made the payment.

I did as instructed. Then I called and spoke with someone in the cancellation dept. I stated that I never wanted to be an AT&T customer, and had I known Alltel was being bought out by AT&T I would never have gone with their service. I explained all the troubles I was having regarding the payment, and how much I hated the new phone, etc.

I was politely told I could cancel the contract for $122. Basically they were like 'sucks that you are 100% dissatisfied, but we are not going to do anything about it unless you fork over more money. This is one person who will NEVER use AT&T services again, and will tell everyone I know that they are the worst. It isn't about the small guy.

It is about the bottom dollar and how much money they can squeeze from you regardless of how unhappy you are.

Look at AT&T with very open eyes before signing on.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of att replacement. ATT needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned att replacement in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at ATT.

Had an Experience with ATT?

Comments